In a statement released last week by the resort’s management, Honor’s Haven Resort & Spa became certified through the HospitalityGreen(HG) LLC Green Concierge Eco-Business Certification program.
According to Julian Lee, General Manager at Honor’s Haven Resort & Spa, “This is just the first step in our journey toward reducing our carbon footprint. Our objective is to maintain our high standards for cleanliness, guest comfort, and customer service while preserving our commitment to both encourage and apply eco-friendly practices.”
Having demonstrated their dedication to the Green Concierge program through the implementation of training courses for their employees, the application of recommendations by HG, and adhering to the program’s standards, Honor’s Haven Resort & Spa has achieved a Tier One – Bronze certification.
The changes made to achieve this certification were both large and small and include:
· Replacing expired light bulbs with energy efficient alternatives
· Installing low-flow aerators in all guests room faucets and showerheads
· Voluntary guest participation in a towel and linen re-use program
· Development of a formal water conservation policy
· Tracking all waste, recycling, and donations
· Disposing of hazardous waste according to state regulations
· Establishment of a “Green Team”
· Implementation of source reduction initiatives
Throughout the year, the hotel will continue to improve and track their environmentally sustainable practices with the hope that they will qualify as a tier Two – Silver facility by the close of 2016.