Reminiscing about my childhood conjures up all sorts of warm and fuzzy memories, where no matter what I forgot to do, what type of costume I REALLY wanted for Halloween, or how dramatic I became over a boy, my mother was always there to bail me out, pull an all-nighter on the sewing machine or just sit listen while handing me one tissue after another.
After a while, I think we lose track of just how many jobs our moms take on during their 18-year stint of molding us into upstanding pillars of our community. I mean really – can you honestly remember everything your mom has done for you aside from being your personal chef, chauffer, housekeeper and therapist? My list would be extensive; probably circling the globe a few times.
Knowing how much our mothers have done for us raises the question, “What in the world can I do for her to show her how much she is appreciated?” When we were younger, we could make a macaroni necklace or a handmade card with lots of glitter and glue. But as adults, and with children of our own, the need to express that appreciation reaches into the vast corners of our very being.
Luckily, for those of us who still struggle with how to celebrate the woman who gave and sacrificed all, Honor’s Haven Resort & Spa can provide us with a little bit of help. Since 2010, this upstate New York resort, sheltered by the Shawangunk Mountains (the gateway to the Catskills) has been hosting a Tulip Festival & Mother’s Day Celebration – ideal for showering mom with a days-worth of appreciation.
7 Reasons Why Taking Your Mother to the Honor’s Haven Resort & Spa Tulip Festival & Mother’s Day Celebration is a Great Idea
1. An All-Day Celebration – Why take mom out just for lunch when you can devote an entire day day to her. The Annual Tulip Festival & Mother’s Day Celebration can be enjoyed from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm on Mother’s Day; Sunday, May 8th at Honor’s Haven Resort & Spa.
2. A FREE Yoga Class – Just one hour before the festivities kick off, the resort’s wellness center will be providing a free yoga class. Open to all ages and levels of practice, the class will guide participants through gentle stretching, relaxation and mind/body exercises to wake up your body and brighten your spirits.
3. Unique Gifts – Vendors from near and far will be showcasing their products and services. From essential oils and skincare products to handmade jewelry and forest inspired furniture, mom will have a blast browsing for that perfect keepsake or must-have item.
4. Entertainment– This year’s festival will include a centrally located bandstand right in front of the hotel, providing festival goers with non-stop entertainment all day long. This year’s lineup includes:
The Jon Bates Band
An amazingly authentic, soulful, and fun party band with an unparalleled reputation for infusing energy and making folks feel REALLY good! Song list includes favorites from The Temptations, The Beatles, Rascal Flatts, Lady Gaga, Van Morrison, The Dave Matthews Band, Bryan Adams, The Police, U2, Elvis Presley, Norah Jones, and MORE!
Illusionist David Garrity
This one-man illusion show combines visual magic and illusions combined with music, pantomime, situation comedy, and audience participation – entertaining audiences of all ages!
Hailed as a truly gifted performer and a promising songwriter and storyteller, Kyle Hancharick was raised on the music of prominent singer-songwriters of the 60s and 70s, such as Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor, and Jackson Browne.
5. Photo Contest – If you’re an avid photographer and love snapping off photos of wildlife, nature, flowers or people, download an entry form for this year’s Tulip Festival photo contest! Participants can enter up to two entries for their shot at winning a weekend stay at the resort or a souvenir from the Honor’s Haven Gift Shop.
6. Membership Discounts – Throughout the day both the Spa at Honor’s Haven Resort and the EarthMind Wellness Center will be offering a 20% discount on memberships.
7. Mother’s Day Lunch – Spoil Mom even more by taking a break from the festivities and enjoying a special Mother’s Day lunch in Honor’s Haven Resort & Spa’s Gaia Hall, featuring picturesque views of the resort’s world class golf course, sparkling lake, and famous Shawangunk Mountains. Due to an overwhelming turnout at last year’s event this buffet style lunch, featuring a mouthwatering compilation of American Fusion cuisine, will be offered in two seatings; 11:30 am – 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm. But don’t wait to make your reservations. The resort expects both seating to sell out quickly.